Thursday 20 April 2017

Has anyone seen Zebra yet? ...

With every day it is getting warmer and warmer as we are slowly approaching summer! Every year it happens - I forget the difference warm weather makes and when it hits you, suddenly life feels fuller, more enjoyable with so many things to do, so many things to see... And of course - a chance to busk! Get that zebra outfit out of the cupboard, polish my amp and dive into the spring with a set of amazing piano music...

I am going All-In. Give or take - I quit my weekend job I had for the past 6 years and now busking full time. Weekends are usually the busiest days and I remember working last year on absolutely stunning days and thinking to myself: "I wish I was busking..." Honestly - it was about time to make that decision! And things haven't been bad for me either. 

Busking on Easter Sunday I was caught by a radio DJ from Juice Brighton - Kate Goddard. She mentioned me on the radio show later that day - I wouldn't even know if my friend didn't text me... Isn't that interesting I'm doing this for the third year and I still get local people seeing zebra for the first time? 

Nevertheless yesterday an interview I gave to Witness BTN was posted up on Facebook filmed by the same guy who caught me on my first day of busking as a Zebra back in 2015. It was a very good chance for me to say "Thank you" to all the wonderful people in Brighton. 

On a smaller scale - I had a wonderful gig yesterday at Life Time Value Conference in Clarendon centre. Their excuse for hiring a Zebra for a business conference was an article comparing Zebra and Unicorn type of businesses: "Zebra's Fix What Unicorns Break". Being a Zebra is cool! 

Another great thing that happened to me - someone told me I have been featured in a poem which was read on BBC Radio 4. How peculiar is that? Funny how inspiration can come from anywhere - even Zebra playing the piano like myself...

Having only started busking this year - I didn't expect so many things to happen already! Busking full time and getting this much support is definitely a tremendous motivation boost in the morning to get up and get out there busking! 

Thank you to all the people of Brighton - I'll see you around! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment