Thursday 28 July 2016

Meet Dave

Yesterday was raining, so I took my time off busking. Weather forecast dictates my work schedule. Luckily this morning the sun came out and I could go out busking for a bit before it got cloudy again. Living in England I learned to take advantage of every sunny spell you get - because weather never stays the same for long.

This morning I woke up early because I decided to improve my Wedding Sign. I had to send it off for print and then collect it right before my busking. I just wanted it to look like I have put effort into it, not simply scribbled it on the peace of cardboard. And I hoped my fiance will like it too. It only cost me £1.80 and the print was ready to collect 10am.

I took me some time to setup. I attached the new sign to the cardboard and changed the batteries for the amp. Once everything was working, I began my playing as usual.

At one point I noticed a guy trying to dance to my music. His movements reminded me of contemporary free dance. I was playing "Hallelujah" at that point and as soon as I noticed him dancing, I tried to keep a steady pace. It was a good attempt, but halfway through the song someone tapped on my right shoulder and I looked up to realize it was Dave.  

Dave is a lively man in his 70s, we met more than one year ago while busking and I wasn't dress up as a zebra back then. He used to come and tell me about his complicated situation with a women he loves and I often helped him out with that. In return he's been taking really good photographs of me playing the piano, he often prints them off and hands them to me as a present. Since then we've been good friends and I very much enjoy his company when I busk. 

Today Dave brought me a new photograph of me and few graduates posing next to my piano. We had a quick chat and he stepped aside to let me carry on with my busking. The day was really nice and sunny, a lot of people were sitting in the garden, many were passing by and smiling to me. Occasionally I heard someone reading my sign out loud and I responded with a nod of my Zebra head.

There were still many graduates today. Someone told me "they were missing me yesterday". Not as many kids as previous days, but still occasional "Twinkle Twinkle Little Start" and "Run Rabbit Run" were present. Overall a really good day - I played for 3h until another buskers came. Dave stayed until the very end until we both left for a friendly pint of refreshing beer....


No comments:

Post a Comment